Official contest rules: The Summer Challenge Contest
1. This contest has at least six prizes, including 50th Anniversary gifts, each valued at $50 or less. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash substitutions permitted. Taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
2. No purchase necessary. Making a purchase or donation to Friends will not increase your chances of winning. This contest is governed by all applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. The Summer Challenge Contest is offered only to legal U.S. residents who are 13 years old or older at the time of entry. Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. Prizes are non-transferable by winner. Friends will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry.
4. Winners will be randomly selected by drawing and notified using the contact information on the winning entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
5. HOW TO ENTER: By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these official rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the contest organizer. The Giveaway Entry Period ends on September 25, 2021. All entries must be mailed in and postmarked no later than September 25, 2021.
To enter, complete your Challenge Card contest entry form, available at all of the 50th Anniversary Business Partners, the Bayfield Chamber & Visitors Bureau as well as at park headquarters. Or download a digital version of the challenge card and print it.
Mail the completed Summer Challenge card, postmarked no later than September 25, 2021 to:
Friends of the Apostle Islands NationalLakeshore
PO Box 1574
To be valid, an entry must be received during the Giveaway Entry Period. Friends may not verify receipt of entries. Entries become property of Friends and will not be returned. Friends is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable, or delayed.
Limit: one entry per valid email address and entrant. Entries generated by any automated means and detected as such are void. In the event of a dispute, electronic entries and other entries requiring the identification of an e-mail address will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of the entry.
Postcard entries must be postmarked with a date within the contest date range. Note that incomplete entry forms will be rejected. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries that are detected as such are void.
6. Friends will notify the winner within one week of the contest end date, using the entrant’s provided contact information. Friends will publicly announce the winner of the contest on its website and social media accounts. Friends may also provide the information to media outlets.
7. Prizes awarded may be shipped to the winner’s address unless an alternate delivery method is arranged. Friends would prefer to present the prize to the winner in person so we can photograph the presentation for publicity purposes.
8. Winner’s voice, name & likeness may be used for publicity purposes without further compensation. By entering, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Friends and any participating sponsors, partners and their affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, printing suppliers, and prize suppliers from damages arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any prizes received in this sweepstakes.
9. Friends of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore (Friends) will conduct the contest and Friends will be the final judge on all matters related to the contest. The judge’s decisions are final, binding and conclusive on all matters. By entering a contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges relative to the sweepstakes, and sign any and all appropriate winners forms required for the contest. Friends reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
10. In the event of non-compliance, an alternative winner may be selected.
11. Board Members of Friends and their families are not eligible.
12. Friends reserves the right to settle all disputes and to change and alter the details of the sweepstakes as circumstances merit.
13. Winners may have to sign a liability release, publicity release and accept or decline release.
14. Winners are not eligible to win another contest or sweepstakes with Friends for 30 days after winning.
15. Friends and sponsors or partners reserve the right to terminate this contest at any time.
16. Entering the contest is consent for Friends to send entrants periodic email and/or mail directly related to the activities of the organization and its efforts for the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, using the contact information provided. Entrants may opt out of electronically mailed newsletters at any time by using the email preferences link at the bottom of Friends emails. Entrant information will not be distributed or sold to any third party for any reason.