Things are off to a great start in 2021. A successful, inspiring Resource Stewardship Symposium with over 650 participants, the accessible amphitheater going up on Stockton Island, interviews on Wisconsin Public Radio, an Earth Day collaboration with Big Top Chautauqua, an energized and growing membership, and the hiring of our first-ever Executive Directors — the momentum is growing here at Friends of the Apostle Islands.
Now, we are asking you to help keep that wind in our sails.
You may have received this appeal in the mail and already offered your support. If so, thank you. If not, remember that your contribution today will:
- Kick off our summer-long 50th Anniversary celebration.
- Make your park more accessible to everyone through boardwalks on Sand Island, a more accessible stairway/ramp at Meyers Beach, and an amphitheater for all on Stockton Island.
- Support volunteers like you who tend the historic lighthouse gardens and aid the National Park Service staff on restoration projects.
- Send kids sailing, kayaking, and creating art through our support of Island School.
- Raise awareness of what a national treasure we have in the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore by building on our pillars of Education, Accessibility, Service and Stewardship.
Through your support, Friends of the Apostle Islands has already surpassed the half-million-dollar mark in contributions in support of our national lakeshore, a feat called “significant and a cause for celebration” in a recent op-ed in the Ashland Daily Press.
You can keep it growing.
Be the reason a child learns to kayak. Be the reason the flowers bloom at the lighthouses and the trails are accessible to all. Be the wind in our sails.
Friends is the official philanthropic partner of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore. All donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by our 501(c)(3) status.
$500 Stockton Island
$250 Oak Island
$100 Sand Island
$50 Golden Anniversary
Enclose the form and your check made out to Friends of the Apostle Islands and mail to: Friends of the Apostle Islands, PO Box 1574, Bayfield, WI 54814.
We welcome business memberships too!