Donor Bill of Rights
Friends of the Apostle Islands is honored by your decision to support us. We want you to have full confidence in our donation process and know that as a trusted supporter you have the right:
- To be informed of our organization’s mission, of the way our organization intends to use your donation, and our capacity to put that donation to its best use efficiently.
- To be informed of who we are – the identity of our staff, board members, governing policies, and to have confidence in our board to exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to this organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured that your donation will be used for the purpose for which it is intended.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition or to give anonymously if desired.
- To be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing our organization will be professional and transparent.
- To be assured that Friends never sells, trades, or shares it mailing list with any other entity.
- To opt out of mailings, emails, phone calls, or other contacts from our organization if so desired.
- To feel free to ask questions and seek clarifications when making a donation and receive prompt, truthful, and forthright answers.
We at Friends value your support and are committed to working to create a donation process that is honest, transparent, and gives you confidence that we are doing all that we can to ensure your support does all that it can to help the islands you love.