Official contest rules: The Friends 2020 Anniversary Print Contest
1. This contest has one (1) prize, a framed, matted Friends of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore print. Approximate value $300.00.
2. No purchase necessary. Making a purchase or donation to Friends will not increase your chances of winning. This contest is governed by all applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. The Friends 2020 Anniversary Print Contest is offered only to legal U.S. residents who are 18 years old or older at the time of entry. Limit one winner per household. Limit one winner per immediate family. Prizes are non-transferable by winner. Friends will not award a prize to anyone not meeting eligibility requirements at the time of entry.
4. Odds of winning are based on the number of entries received.
5. HOW TO ENTER: By entering, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and these official rules, and you agree to abide by all decisions of the contest organizer. The Giveaway Entry Period ends at noon on August 27, 2020. All times in these rules refer to Central Time.
To enter, visit the Friends of the Apostle Islands website Contest Page to access, complete, and submit your entry form online. To be valid, an entry must be received during the Giveaway Entry Period. Friends may not verify receipt of entries. Entries become property of Friends and will not be returned. Friends is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, incomprehensible, illegible, damaged, undeliverable, or delayed.
Limit: one entry per valid email address and entrant. Entries generated by any automated means and detected as such are void. In the event of a dispute, electronic entries and other entries requiring the identification of an e-mail address will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address at the time of the entry.
The authorized account holder is the person to whom the applicable internet service provider or other organization (such as a business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail address. An online entrant must have a valid e-mail address, and it is the entrant’s responsibility to update Friends of any change in e-mail address.
If you do not have internet access and choose not to enter via online, you may mail in your entry. A hand-written postcard with complete name, address and telephone number, along with name of the contest must be mailed to Friends, PO Box 1574, Bayfield, Wisconsin 54814. Postcard entries must be postmarked with a date within the contest date range. Note that incomplete entry forms will be rejected. Photocopied and mechanically generated entries that are detected as such are void.
6. Friends will notify the winner within one week of the contest end date, using the entrant’s provided contact information. Friends will publicly announce the winner of the contest on its website and social media accounts. Friends may also provide the information to media outlets.
7. One prize will be awarded. The framed, matted print may be shipped to the winner’s address unless an alternate delivery method is arranged. Friends would prefer to present the prize to the winner in person so we can photograph the presentation for publicity purposes.
8. Winner’s voice, name & likeness may be used for publicity purposes without further compensation. By entering, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Friends and any participating sponsors, partners and their affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, printing suppliers, and prize suppliers from damages arising out of the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of any prizes received in this sweepstakes.
9. Friends of the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore (Friends) will conduct the contest and Friends will be the final judge on all matters related to the contest. The judge’s decisions are final, binding and conclusive on all matters. By entering a contest, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges relative to the sweepstakes, and sign any and all appropriate winners forms required for the contest. Friends reserves the right to change the rules at any time.
10. In the event of non-compliance, an alternative winner may be selected.
11. Board Members of Friends and their families are not eligible.
12. Friends reserves the right to settle all disputes and to change and alter the details of the sweepstakes as circumstances merit.
13. Winners may have to sign a liability release, publicity release and accept or decline release.
14. Winners are not eligible to win another contest or sweepstakes with Friends for 30 days after winning.
15. Friends and sponsors or partners reserve the right to terminate this contest at any time.
16. Entering the contest is consent for Friends to send entrants periodic email and/or mail directly related to the activities of the organization and its efforts for the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore, using the contact information provided. Entrants may opt out of electronically mailed newsletters at any time by using the email preferences link at the bottom of Friends emails. Entrant information will not be distributed or sold to any third party for any reason.